Pre-Order 6 piece production run. NEW 2017 CHASSIS MODEL ONLY
* 20% discount only applies to standard unit as listed above before any options. Discount is not deducted from chosen options but added on after.
* 60% down payment required.
* Shipping charges are determined when unit is complete and invoiced separately
* Price for VTPS is $749 additional added on to the reduced cost of the preamp.
All 6 pieces will come with a 3 ft. pair of the Clarity Emberglow II interconnect (additional $150 value)
Want more out of your Spirit? Be sure to check out our enhanced Spirit "X" version with transformer coupling, Bybee Music Rail and more. Check it out HERE
New 2017 Chassis Coming soon.
(Enhanced, Redesigned version of the popular LeAnna)
Class A 6922/EC88 vacuum Tube Linestage
Remote Volume/Mute With Bluetooth Receiver
Retail Price: $3,995
Selling Price: $2,995
* w/VTPS (Vacuum Tube Power Supply) $3,495
* Transformer Coupled Output $145
* DynamiCap Upgrade: $120
* GoldPoint Attenuator: $100
* Non-Remote Alps: deduct $75
* Custom Chassis: Inquire
The Spirit provides some of the finest components available today making the Spirit an exceptional, reference level
tube preamp currently offered for under $5,000. You will not find another preamp in this price point that offers so much or sounds as good.
Overview. The Spirit is an enhanced version of our hottest selling, LeAnna preamp. Take a look at the Spirit's Standard Features below to understand why the Spirit could possible be the best sounding preamp you can own for under $5,000
You will be amazed by the performance of this affordable vacuum tube preamplifier. The Spirit utilize a Class A, Zero Feedback circuit and performs well above it's affordable price indicates. The 2017 Spirit is housed in a rugged 1/8" thick aluminum chassis measuring 16" W x 12" D x 3.25" H. with all front panel markings laser engraved. No silk screen to wear off. Tubes will protrude through the top for easy tube rolling.
The Spirit offers a choke filtered power supply with a high current toroidal transformer and high quality filter capacitors.
The circuit is based on the 6922 dual triode with a constant current source topology. Why the 6922? The 6922/6DJ8 is superior with harmonic distortion 1/8th (-18db less) that of any 6SN7 variety/equivalent, or other tube type. Signal path components include high precision Carbon Film resistors, Acrylic encapsulated Clarity Cap output capacitors and high quality cryogenically treated, silver plated copper signal wiring. A remote Alps Blue volume pot with Mute function is standard.
Transformer Coupled Output Option - We also offer the same Transformer Coupled Output as used in the Spirit X preamplifier. This option provides you with all the sonic benefits of single ended transformer coupling.
Front panel options: The Spirit is equipped with a tape monitor loop, HT Bypass and Mono/Stereo switching. While some may desire these options to fit into their system configuration, there are many, including myself, that do not need or want the extra circuitry. You can choose to leave out any one or all of these options for a more pure signal.
Vacuum Tube Power Supply
The Spirit is available with our outboard "VTPS" Vacuum Tube Power Supply based on the 5U4/274B tube rectifier. This power supply is designed specifically around the 274B allowing you to use some of the better 274B rectifier tubes on the market including the Sophia Electric 274B. Please keep in mid that this is an external power supply as shown below.
CLICK HERE for full details on the outboard VTPS
The Spirit's circuit and well designed power supply provides a black as night presentation.
The back panel houses 3 sets of single ended inputs with the Bluetooth input adding the 4th input and two sets of single ended outputs.
The Spirit comes equipped with a built-in Bluetooth 4.0 receiver module for adding wireless Bluetooth functionality allowing you to stream music from your smartphone, tablet, computer, TV etc., with a range of 25-35 ft. If you do not desire the Bluetooth capability, it will be eliminated and you will have 4 sets of RCA inputs
All Spirit preamps are custom made in house one at a time as orders are received. Please note this is a time consuming process and delivery times vary depending on work load. Please contact us for build time on your unit.
Spirit - Standard Features
* Pure Class A Triode vacuum tube purest design
* 6922/6DJ8 signal tubes
* Natural warm up for tubes, extends tube life
* 0dB negative feedback design
* Central one-point star earth grounding
* Solid state power supply provides a high speed
energy delivery on transients
* High current toroidal transformer
* Ultra Fast diodes
* Quality Carbon Film resistors used for a smooth, yet refined
* High quality power supply filter capacitors
* Multi stage Choke filtered power supply
* Select quality passive components used in all applications
* Critical components are matched
* Clarity Cap CSA acrylic encapsulate output capacitors
* Alps Blue remote volume control w/Mute
* Cryogenically Treated Silver Plated Copper in Teflon.
* High/Low Gain
* Tape/Monitor loop
* Fully hand assembled to insure the highest level of craftsmanship
* Chassis finish: Black Aluminum / 3/8" Acrylic Face Plate
* Line Inputs - 3 sets (4 sets without Bluetooth)
* Line Outputs - 2 sets RCA
* Made in the USA
* Two year parts and labor warranty: 30 days on supplied vacuum tubes.
* Selling Price $2,995
Circuit: 6922 Class "A" zero feedback
Stage Gain: 15.5dB
Input Impedance: 100k ohms
Output Impedance: 630 ohms
Fuse: 1.2A Fast
Voltage: 110V-120V / 220V-240V
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Size - aluminum chassis 15" x 12" x 3.25"
Aluminum Control Knobs
Power Requirements 117V-120V / 230V-240V, 50-60 Hz
Warranty 2 years parts and labor, 30 days on supplied vacuum tubes
Availability Taking orders now
- Tube life greater than 20,000 hours.
- Without getting involved in expensive NOS tubes, we recommend the current production JJ ECC88 which should cost you less than $30.00 for the pair, This is the tube your Spirit will come standard with The 6922/6DJ8 is superior with harmonic distortion some 1/8th (-18db less) that of any 6SN7 variety/equivalent, or other tube type.
Musica Bella LeAnna w/External Vacuum Tube Power Supply (VTPS)
WOW, Just letting you know that I am blown away with the Musica Bella equipment you sold me. I am so happy I found your business, and that you took awesome care of me. Unbelievable sound. I feel that I don't even have to buy a sub-woofer as of yet, the highs and lows and mids are just perfect. I might roll some tubes for my DAC and CD player with Sophia Electric�s. And that will be it for now.
Bill thank you so much for your business and what you sold this gear to me for. It is worth every penny and more.
JF - Hayden, ID